Sunday 11 December 2011

Phew rescued again

A close call. A Royal Navy frigate happened to be passing and has rescued me. I am back on board with my commission all shipshape. Ahoy me hearties. Saved from bloodthirsty pygmies led by a tribal chieftain called Dak es Salaam. A lucky escape. Some beads did the trick. Thank God the French left behind some rosaries on the beach in their quick getaway. I don't like the French but I do admire their courage when it comes to these micronesian indians. And the French do a bit of evangelising from time to time. But saved again. And soon I shall hope to rejoin the Repulse somewhere, once I have a cup of tea and a chitchat with the admiral on his schooner off the coast of Indonesia where he is looking in Sumatra for the last dodo bird. A tasty dish apparently. Anyway those fenchies are really amazingly courageous, the way they just swashbuckle straight on to these islands full of cannibalistic hungry native-indians, and impart their old pagan quasi-roman religion all over them. Anyway soon tea with the yellow admiral, a quick report into the sea lords, and then on to find the Repulse in this interminable war.   

No comments:

Post a Comment